Hi everyone! Quickie post today as we are setting up for a BBQ party. I received lots of e-mails asking me how to make the shaped card I made here. It is super easy!
This is what I used:
- Scor-Pal (or bone folder or any other scoring tool)
- Nestabilities Die Cuts (largest Large Scallop Circle used here, any shape is fine)
- Cuttlebug (or any other rolling die cut machine)
- 8x4.5 inch piece of cardstock
1. Score your piece of cardstock in the center, making sure it will fit the size die cut you are using.
Fold along the crease to create card.
Slide die cut ABOVE the card's scored fold, turning the scallop shape until it is symmetrical along the top. You want it to be even.
In this picture I haven't folded the card yet, it is just to show you where everything goes.
Also note that when you cut the lip side needs to be facing down. That lip part is what actually cuts the paper.
3. The tricky part is keeping your die cut from moving on the machine before it is cut. They have magnetic mats to hold things in place but they really don't work well for me. You can use a piece of removable tape to temporarily hold it in place, but I usually just hold my finger over it then smoosh it with the top B plate and it holds.
Tip: The Cuttlebug layers to use Nestabilities are (from bottom to top) Plate A, Plate C, die cut, Plate B.
I like to add another smaller scallop over the base so that you never even see the flattened part of the scallops where the card creases.
If you have any other questions please ask and I will either edit this post of answer in the comments section.